This Statement is, except where separate and distinctive statements are provided, applicable to Major Pop Limited. Accordingly, references to “we”, “us”, or “our company” shall mean.
Please note that this Statement may be amended from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check for the latest version on a regular basis. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.
Statement of Policy
We pledge to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality. We will not provide your personal data to third parties for direct marketing or other unrelated purposes without your consent.
For the purpose of this policy, the following terms have the following meanings:
Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of guests, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual guest.
Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual guest.
The data controller means the party that is responsible for the personal data collected and used within the scope of this policy from our sites and applications.
Personal data means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal data, the resulting information also is treated as personal data.
- We will not collect or use your personal data unless we have received your consent or indication of no objection.
- You can indicate your consent by providing us with your personal data through the Subscription Form on our website, or you can opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by following the opt-out instructions contained in the communications.
- By providing your personal data to us, you agree to the use and sharing of your personal data in the manner described in this policy.
- Your refusal to provide your personal data to us or allow us to use it may render us unable to handle any application or request you are making or we may deny you access to certain parts of our websites or may otherwise defeat the objectives of your visit.
- If you are under the age of 18, consent from your parent or guardian is required before you provide us with any personal data.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect two basic types of information – personal data and anonymous information– and we may use personal data and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. For example, we collect:
- Booking [enquiry] records, which include records containing information collected from you (such as [your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username, and password]) in connection with booking enquiries;
- Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact Guest Services, or purchase a product or service from us, such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information;
- [Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications, such as your public posts;]
- Media enquiry records, which include name of media organizations and contact information;
- General enquiry records, which include name and contact information collected from individuals;
- Subscription records collected on webservers, which include name, email address and contact information collected for newsletter subscription;
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information;
- Our event invitation records, which include name, company names, job positions and contact information.
- [Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices;]
- [Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information;]
- [Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.]
Use of Personal Data
We as the data controller for your information are responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this policy. Other entities may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the data controller(s) (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on our behalf (as a data controller) for the purposes described in the section of “Sharing your information with other entities” of this policy. Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Provide you with the experiences, products, and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase;
- Communicate with you about your dealings or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies;
- Send you promotions for our activities and services or third-party activities, products and services;
- Personalize content and experiences;
- [Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications;]
- [Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by using guest survey research and analytics tools; and]
Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
Sharing your information with other entities
We will not share your personal data with other entities except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal data with a third party.
- Once we share your personal data with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When third parties perform services on our behalf, like package delivery, marketing and advertising, and customer service; however, these third parties s are prohibited from using your personal data for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law; and
Statistics on visitors to our websites
When you visit our website, we will record your visit only as a “hit”. The webserver makes a record of your visit that includes your IP addresses (and domain names), the types and configurations of browsers, language settings, geo-locations, operating systems, previous sites visited, and time/durations and the pages visited (visitor data). We use the visitor data for the purpose of maintaining and improving our websites such as to determine the optimal screen resolution, which pages have been most frequently visited etc. We use such data only for website enhancement and optimization purposes. We do not use and have no intention to use the visitor data to personally identify anyone.
Our email marketing solution system is developed and maintained by a third-party service provider. The third-party service provider does not have access to personal data stored in the system except when it is carrying out trouble-shooting on it under the supervision of our staff.
Our websites are developed and maintained by in-house staff and a local third-party service provider.
All our service providers are bound by contractual duty to keep confidential any data they come into contact with against unauthorized access, use and retention.
All personal data you provide to us is secured on our web site with restricted access by authorized personnel only. We take appropriate steps to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure.
We maintain and execute retention policies of records containing personal data to ensure personal data is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which the data is or is to be used. Different retention periods apply to the various kinds of personal data collected and held by us in accordance with policies in standing instructions and administration manuals.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other sites that are operated by third party organizations with different privacy practices. You should remain alert when you leave our site and read the privacy statements of other websites. We have no control over Personal Data that you submit to these third parties.
Data Access, Correction and Deletion
You have the right to request access, correcting, updating and deletion of your personal data held by us about you at any time, free of charge. If you wish to access, correct, update or delete your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The information published on this website is for the public’s reference only. No representation or warranty whatsoever, expressed or implied, is made as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness by us. Information and any other contents of this website are subject to change without notice. We accept no liability (whether in tort or contract or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising from any use, misuse, inaccuracy or omission of the information or other contents published on this website. We further assume no responsibility or liability for, and makes no warranties that, functions contained on this website or the servers that make it available will be free of viruses or other harmful components. References in this website to any products, events or services do not necessarily constitute or imply our endorsement or recommendation. We are not responsible for the contents of any “off-site” webpages or any other websites linked or linking to this website. In any dispute, our decision shall be final, conclusive and binding. These Terms are written in English and the Chinese version is translation for reference only. In the event of inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions, the English shall prevail.